Sunday, March 1, 2009

Co-op Day Again

Saturday was "Co-op day" again! This is one of my perks from Meredith's neighborhood community. Every two weeks a designated person goes to a market and purchases fruit and vegetables for the participants from the neighborhood. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this activity because, well, just look at the beautiful produce!
This week we got broccoli and zucchini, sweet potatoes and onions, tomatoes, apples and grapefruit. What a bounty! It sure is a motivation for me to do more cooking at home, and in this economy, that can be a big help. It also pushes me to cook with food that I wouldn't ordinarily choose for myself, like, for instance, zucchini. Not my favorite. But I hear that zucchini bread is pretty tasty. I'm sure I can find a recipe somewhere.

Another reason I love Co-op day is that I can photograph this lovely still life and let it remind me of some Jacquie Lawson e-card where she "paints" a turkey using all sorts of
fruits and veggies - so creative and original.
I'll have to work on the "turkey" part next Co-op day!

No comments: