Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Now What?

I finished my Amish barn this week!
It was a lot of fun to stitch and see this picture come to life.

Once it was done I logged on to the Cross Country website to order a special frame.
This pattern is one of a series of patterns that Jeremiah Junction is known for.
They can carry a series for years and that's great for collectors who might be doing a
"four seasons" type grouping.
Here is the piece I did a few years ago. I love these because they are small,
easily stitched in a few weeks, and are so cute when hanging over a doorway.
This is the frame I wanted to purchase the other night from the website.
You can see that this pattern was designed specifically for this frame...
Or is the frame designed specifically for this pattern?
Either way, this is the frame I must have for this piece.
Alas, even though the frame was listed in the print catalog,
it was conspicuously missing online.
I emailed my question, "How can I purchase this frame?"
They answered, "We no longer carry this item. Sorry."
So, now what do I do?
Any suggestions? Ruthie????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! you are a good stitcher! Wish we were closer so you could keep me inspired!
1. Have you check on E-Bay? (that is where my crafty daughter would look first:):))
2. Go to the local cross stitch store's web site (CSP)and look at some of the "links" there for frames, etc. They might even have some in stock.
3. Did you start crying when the people at Jeremiah Junction said they no longer carry the frame? And appeal to their sensitive side and ask if they have any suggestions about possible sources for the frame? :):):)
5. What about the new store out close to 6 flags? They might have a source
4. That would make a really pretty pillow, one that has a "edge" on it so it could sit on a glass shelf, so it would kind of look like it was on the wall. It would look like a oval shaped "box". There is really pretty decorator's fabric and an 'elegant" type edging you could .... could be really gorgeous. Make sense? Call and I will explain.
5. Let me think some more.
Isn't it frustrating to stitch with a "goal" in mind and then it doesn't come true?

Love your other pictures also.