Saturday, March 7, 2009

Catching Up

In all my frustration over my dear relations not posting new messages on their blogs, I realized that I, too, have been delinquent in posting this week! "Be careful pointing a finger of blame, Ludee, because three fingers are pointing back at you!" So here I am, looking back at my week, and giving highlights in pictures where possible.

Our little mister is mastering the stairs. He is simply fascinated by his ability to climb them and keeps his mommy or his daddy busy following him up and down several times per visit.
After he checks to see that someone is watching and is duly impressed with his new skill...

.. off he goes to check out the rooms upstairs. I know my children both mastered these same stairs years ago. I just don't remember having to follow them up and down all the time. I do have vivid memories of hearing Murphy bumping down the stairs in the middle of the night and climbing in bed with us. I could occasionally intercept him at the bottom and walk him back up to his bed! The stairs contain lots of memories!

Poor little Treasure. She developed another infection in her eye last week. Probably it was due to some pollen that the wind blew in. Nevertheless, we had to see Dr. Bonney to get new meds and start her on antibiotics - fortunately this coincided with her scheduled use of the antibiotics for the TCC. At her follow-up appointment yesterday she checked out a-okay! Dr. Bonney, however, was still feeling the effects of intestinal flu that hit him Tuesday night. It's been a wicked winter for flu. I'm sure my flu shot prevented something!

Remember the zucchini from co-op day? Well, I did saute some of it with carrots and it was actually very tasty. But, with three more squashes still in the refrigerator drawer, I decided to look for a recipe for zucchini bread and see what I could come up with. There is a weblog called "What Would Martha Cook?" that has lots of really great recipes and that's where I found this one. (Look at the list of favorite links and click on "Great Recipes".)

Not only was this very easy, it is also very good! It's like a sweet bread, only it has lots of little green pieces of squash in it! I recommend it for any occasion.
The rest of my week went as planned. Our Esther Bible study is turning out to be one of the best I've done. And I have the sweetest group of women this time. I'm always amazed when God brings a new face into our group and see how well everyone fits together.
Next week is Spring Break here in San Antonio. The trees already know it's spring, and now we are having to move the clocks ahead an hour. No choir rehearsal next week... Graham's Greek class is off too.
My mother's birthday is Thursday. She would be 93 years old this year. My brother's birthday is Friday.. the 13th! He's still three and a half years older than me!
Happy Birthday, Bill.
We may have to take a drive up into the Hill Country to celebrate spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost 3 and 1/2 years to the day.
Thank you, Baby Sister....