Thursday, June 2, 2011

Westie of the Week

Shortly after Treasure died I discovered a wonderful artist on Ebay who delightfully captures the essence of the Westie. I purchased one of her prints that looked eerily like Treasure and signed up for her weekly newsletter. This artist is Denise Randall. She and I have corresponded off and on about our Westies, so when we adopted Savannah, I knew I would want to introduce her to Denise.

This week's newsletter, titled "Good Dog Jack Presents," features Savannah as the Westie of the Week. We are just one of many rescued dogs that she has featured, bringing to the fore the availability of hundreds of dogs (and cats) from rescue organizations. Ours happens to have come from the Rescue organization in Houston, TX. Treasure was adopted from the Austin Westie Rescue. These wonderful agencies need more recognition and Denise provides that in her weekly newsletter.

So, without further ado....

Westie of the Week
"Savannah"

"Woof! Woof! My name is Savannah and I am 3 years old.
My new family adopted me from Houston Westie Rescue in March and now I have a happy forever home."
"My favorite toys are the ones that squeak. I can play with them forever!
I'm a pretty little Westie girl .... but, I'd rather be outside playing in my yard and getting dirty. The squirrels have been put on notice!

I love to chase balls and am real good with children. But, my most favorite thing is my pool.... especially when the Polaris pool cleaner is running! I race around, and back and forth, chasing that little monster... and sometimes it will squirt water at me!"

"Here I am at my pool. Boy do I love water! See me leaning over the side to get a drink....it's a trick I taught to myself.

I'm still not real good at walking with the leash but I'm learning real fast because I'm so smart!

Mom says I am a poster girl for rescue organizations and she wouldn't adopt a dog any other way! Thanks Mom! "

Want to see your Westie as Westie of the Week? Submit a photo and keep watching.
"Words of Wisdom"
from Jack & Riley
Howdy folks!
Isn't Savannah a real cutie! And she sure is lucky to have a pool in her yard.

A cool pool on a hot day can be lots of fun, but it can also be dangerous for your dog. Hundreds of dogs die each year from drowning. Be sure your dog isn't one of them!

Would you like to learn more about how to keep your dog safe at the pool this summer? Read on.
Your pal,
Jack

And then Denise posts an article related to the Westie she has just featured, in this case one on pool safety for pets. If you are interested in subscribing to her newsletter she can be reached at Denise Randall gooddogebay@comcast.net, I highly recommend her art that she sells on Ebay. It's very reasonably priced and, as I said, perfectly captures the personality of the charming Westie. Her ebay ID is good-dog-jack.

Thanks, Denise, for making our girl a star!

No comments: