Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Settling In

It has been thirteen days since Savannah came into our lives. Tomorrow Paula will call from Spring to see if we are going to keep our girl. And I will say, "Yes! We are settling in to life together. Savannah has found her forever home!" We are learning the art of compromise, something the Democrats and Republicans need to learn! Savannah's energy level requires me to take her out on walks twice a day, and to get her in the backyard to chase the squirrels or try to bite the Polaris in the pool. In return, she has agreed to lay at my feet while I'm sewing or working on the computer. In the evening she'll sit by me on the sofa and we'll watch TV together. Yes, we are settling in and getting to know and love one another. She is not Maggie, and she'll never replace Treasure. She's Savannah, an independent but very loving Westie, who is quickly finding her place in my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to hear this! I am so very happy for you all.

Linda