Thursday, March 31, 2011

Silly Puppy!

I have mentioned that Savannah has this thing about water. I thought at first it was limited to her nemesis, Mr. Polaris. How wrong I was! She goes nuts when Graham gets the watering can ready to water his tomatoes. For some reason she believes she can bite the water and... what? I'm not sure what she is trying to accomplish, but she is absolutely obsessed with trying!


Once he has emptied the contents of the watering can and she is thoroughly drenched, she takes off into the grass to "dry off" which, in Westie terms, is just rubbing all the leaves and dirt into her face! I have seen this technique in all three of my Westies, so I'm wondering if there is some "How-To" book that all baby Westies read to prepare themselves for Westiehood. They are so cute, and consequently there is never a dull moment around here!

4 comments:

Barbaranne said...

I love these reports about your sassy little Sweetheart! Keep them coming Auntie Dear! Your skills with Westie Photography are right on target- she's simply beautiful and you've captured her spirit fabulously. So happy for all of you!

Meredith said...

I hope she doesn't like to rub her self in poo...was it Treasure or Maggie who did that at our old house...and rubbed herself in my compost pile....stinky but cute!

Anonymous said...

She is so comical!
It is so funny because Jenny hates water!

I truly love the picture in my head of westie puppies reading a book about how to be an adult westie!

Jenny does have that lets roll in something after getting a bath! She loves to roll in the mulch! So once she gets a bath, she is in for the night!!

Those were some great shots of her.
I always wish I could just once be in their brain to see just what they are thinking.


Kathy & Jenny

Anonymous said...

Oh my look at those Westie choppers trying to bite the water! She is so comical!

I am really enjoying your Savannah updates - please keep them coming!

Linda