Monday, March 21, 2011

We're One Step Closer

***UPDATE***
The home visit went well and Savannah will be picked up on Wednesday!
Pictures will follow!

I have had several email "conversations" with the Houston Rescue group concerning our adoption of a darling Westie girl named Savannah. They are satisfied that we will make a great home for this Westie, and we are satisfied that Savannah will make a great companion for us. All we are waiting on now is a home visit from a volunteer from the local Scottie Club. Once that is done, we will schedule our trip to Spring, Texas to pick up our girl.

I have been very sensitive to clues that "the time is right" for this adoption. The first inquiry I made did not feel right. I had no peace about the move and we decided to wait until our remodeling was complete. Then we learned that the construction won't even start for several weeks and I began to look again. Savannah was the second dog I inquired about. It was something in her eyes in one of her pictures that pierced my heart and made me realize that this time is the right time. And then, on Saturday during our garage sale, a buyer drove up in a truck in which he had two Westies in the front seat. I went to the window to see them and immediately got Westie kisses! That was it - my confirmation!

We're just waiting now for the home visit and hopefully will have our little girl home by the weekend. Pictures to follow!

No comments: