Monday, March 28, 2011

Lovin' the Great Outdoors

Savannah had her first appointment with Dr. Earl today. I was bracing myself, knowing that he and his caring staff would remember my last visit with Treasure. And, in fact, I did tear up a little when Dr. Earl came into the exam room, looking both surprised and ear-to-ear smilingly pleased. He was more than happy to take her as his patient. After checking her over and looking through her records, he pronounced her a healthy and very lucky little dog. After we got home, Savannah requested some time in the backyard to run, bark, and tease us with her pool antics. I know as soon as swimming season is here (whenever the water is warm enough to get in!), we will be swimming with a little white dog! The first thing she does when I open the door is shoot out across the patio and race around the perimeter of the pool. Then she takes off, looking for the squirrels in the tall oak trees.
This is a rare moment captured by the camera. She is seldom still long enough for me to get a clear portrait. I'm sure she was contemplating which direction to dart off to!


There is her nemesis, Mr. Polaris! I can't let her out when that thing is going full speed. To Savannah, it is a living, breathing monster that deserves to be conquered, Westie style! I'm grateful to know that all her senses are sharp and alert. But it sure keeps me on the watch for unexpected movements. I do believe my life is undergoing another "change!" (I've already done that other change!) But I also believe that Savannah and I will age together most gracefully, just as her name demands!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

yay for sweet healthy doggies and sweet veterinarians!!!