Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Starting the Process

I've started the ball rolling toward adopting another deserving Westie. I have been watching petfinder.com for several weeks, listening to my heart for the right moment to proceed. I had a couple of false starts while we were in the planning stage of some remodeling. But I think the time is now right and we are ready to move ahead.

This little Westie girl is called Savannah by her foster mom. I just completed the second step in the process of adoption tonight with a phone call from the Houston Rescue association. Savannah was taken in as a stray and has been in foster care for about six weeks. She has been spayed, is housebroken, gets along well with other dogs (this is important to Jefferson!), and is healthy and ready for a forever home.
Her foster mom, Paula, says she has a very sweet disposition, but is also very playful and "vocal." She appears to be around three years old. The one question I failed to ask is whether she enjoys taking daily walks. But, knowing Westies, I am sure that will become the highlight of her day!


There is something about her eyes in this picture that makes me think that Treasure is telling me that the time is right. If the next step in the process - the home inspection - goes well, we may be able to go pick her up next week. That will give her three or four weeks to adjust to her new home before the construction crew comes in. And she'll have at least one session at Bible study to get to know her new "sistas" and meet Jefferson.
So I guess it's time to go shopping for new bedding and toys, Wee Bits and some grain-free treats. I'll be back with more news as I get it. And hopefully, very soon, I can introduce you to Miss Savannah Wilson!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like Treasure in her face. Maybe this was meant to be!!

Jenny & Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, a foster doggie!!! I am so thrilled for Savannah and for you :)

Hugs from Marian (aka PuppyPaws) & fosters

Ruthie said...

How absolutely precious!!! I can see the same look in her eyes. You go girl!! Savannah is waiting for you to love her. So very happy for you

Lois White said...

Jefferson and his Mom person are ready to meet Savannah. Jefferson says,"woof" which means 'she is a cutie'. Hugs, Lois