Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

Adrian is only two this Halloween and not in the least interested in giving out or gathering in candy. He and his Mommy, Daddy and little baby brother came to our house to have dinner and avoid the tricksters on their street. I was hoping that one or two trick-or-treaters would come by while he was here, just to give him an idea of the children's holiday fun.

Alas, this is the weekend for the time change and it didn't get dark until around 7:00, just after the Moza's went home. So I guess I'll just have to wait another year to see if this Halloween thing excites him or not. Maybe his parents will let us take him to our church Fun Fest.


Treasure let me put on her fancy Halloween collar and even allowed a picture or two - not a very happy moment. Then she went back to the TV room and settled on to the sofa for a nap. She missed all the ringing of the doorbell and the little trick-or-treaters. I bought one large bag of packaged M & M's and gave them all out.

Halloween is officially over at our house tonight. The lights are out, the clocks have been moved back an hour, and I can safely sleep till 8:00 tomorrow morning and get to church on time. It will feel normal to wake up with a little more light in the morning and sit down for supper as the sun goes down. So... Happy Halloween, and don't forget to change your clocks!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I would gladly let you take him...if you'd have had diapers there we could have stayed longer:) or even let Adrian stay over at your house!

avalarue said...

I picked up some diapers for my house today. We'll be prepared from now on.