Monday, October 5, 2009

The Fruit of the Spirit

Our Ladies' Bible study is doing Beth Moore's "Living Beyond Yourself" study this fall. It's an in depth look at the nine characteristics of the fruit of the Holy Spirit found in Galatians 5. We are now in Week 4 and looking at the Biblical facets of Joy. I love the fact that Beth always directs us to find much more in the Scriptures about a subject than we ever thought possible. This study is not a disappointment.

After I finished my cross stitch of the Amish house last month, I glanced at the cover of that leaflet and beheld three baskets of fruit! So, while I'm waiting for a birth announcement chart to come, I rummaged through my stitching drawer and pulled out some Aida cloth, gathered up my threads, and set to work on this one. Instead of the Scripture verse on the chart, I am going to try to fit in the verse (or part of it) from Galatians 5, listing all nine of the characteristics of the fruit of the Spirit. Quite aptly, this week I'm finding much JOY in my stitching!

No comments: