Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Treasure's Eyes

I have spent the last week doctoring Treasure's eyes and getting very frustrated. About two months ago her eye doctor said she has "dry eye" and gave me some drops for that. But the drops seemed to hurt more than help, so I put them aside until I could talk to Dr. Earl. But by the time of her appointment she was developing lots of "goop" in her right eye. Needless to say, Dr. Earl was none too happy about that. He gave us some different drops, which he makes in his lab, and which has as its base extra virgin olive oil. That's right, EVOO!

I wish I could say that her eyes have improved over the week, and I guess in a way they have. Her goopy eye is definitely better today. But the drops annoy her left eye - the one that is not so affected - to the point where she will scratch at it and even made a little blister in it. I have been unable to connect with Dr. Earl so right now I'm resting that eye and just doctoring the other one. Does any of that make sense?
The good news is that our mornings and evenings have been almost cool, certainly tolerable for our walks. She and I both have a little more stamina when we go out. So I'm hoping our unrelenting heat has finally broken and we'll soon see some 70's or even 60's greeting us in the mornings. Because one thing a bad eye won't stop is our walkies!

No comments: