Monday, August 24, 2009

Treasure's Appointment Today

Treasure had her appointment with Dr. Earl today. As is customary, he ran an ultrasound to see what the tumor is doing in her bladder, and also to check her kidneys. When he walked into the treatment room smiling, I knew he had more good news. Her kidneys are clear and the tumor is not growing! In spite of some bad days when her tummy is upset, she is still thriving in spite of the cancer. On Thursday it will be a full year since her diagnosis. She has lived ten months longer than expected and shows no sign of the cancer taking her down! Yippee!

Dr. Earl check her "goopy eye" and confirmed that she does indeed have dry eye but also has an autoimmune process going on in her right eye. So now we have added yet another eyedrop to her stack of meds. This one should clear up the "goop" within a week.
She's sacked out on the floor, taking a big nap after her excitement at the vet. I'm sure she's dreaming about all those other doggies who were there, especially one Westie-poodle mix who was so cute, Treasure just had to bark at her! Ready or not, Bible study, here we come!

5 comments:

Lois said...

There is much rejoicing at the White house! We praise God for this latest report ... and for people who care. Dr. Earl is a doctor with a heart for his furry patients. Jefferson is smiling and getting his LBS wardrobe in order.

Meredith said...

yeah...I'm glad the goop will be gone...this pregnant lady doesn't need anything else to gag over:)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news for our girl. What a difference time makes in our lives and thank goodness for good friends who help us in our time of decisions for those we love. I have a business appt to go to but I will be smiling when I come to choir tonight.

Barb said...

Oh, I am so glad to read that you and Treasure are doing so well! You are in my thoughts often.

I have some piroxicam 10 mg capsules given to me by an adopter who recently lost her cairn to bladder cancer and she wanted to let someone who needed it have it. Could you use it? There are about 30 capsules left.
Barb of Westie Rescie-Austin

the Provident Woman said...

What a cute dog!

Wanted you to know I have a giveaway on my site going until Friday night. theprovidentwoman.com click on the giveaway in the far right side bar.