Monday, March 1, 2010

Just a Quick Look

I'm beginning to realize now, after three years, that February and March bring to me some "crunch time." Our ministry board meets in February to prepare for the Grace Conference, which is in late April this year. So I have about six weeks to get together the papers and website projects they suggest for our display. Thankfully, this year we formed a committee who will do most of the work on the display board itself.

Silly me! I just didn't think about this extra work when I planned to make this quilt. So I am sacrificing my nap times in order to spend time with the quilt. This is where I have progressed as of today.

It will have one more border band that will extend about four more inches on all sides. Then I just need to wash and prepare the fabric for the backing, cut and stitch it to size, and put the layers of front, back and batting together. That's the hardest (on my back and legs) part, and then I'll be able to do the actual quilting. I'm so excited to get this far. I really love having the floral fabric as the background in this quilt. It makes it look so rich.

As a side note, for friends who are keeping up with Treasure, she has finished a two week round of a new antibiotic and that seems to have helped with her bladder infection. I'll give her three days off and then start her on another two weeks of meds before we see Dr. Earl for a follow-up. She continues to amaze us all with her tenacity and will to live (and live well.)

1 comment:

Kate Kelly said...

This quilt is turning out so beautiful Aunt LaRue! I love those colors and fabrics =)