Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just Wanted You to Know...

..that I'm still alive! A few weeks ago my niece Barbaranne - yes, the owner of a lovely Double Irish Chain quilt! - asked us if her graduating-from-high-school-daughter, Rebekah, could come to San Antonio for her spring break and spend it with us. We were delighted! Older sister Kate stayed with us for ten days last Fall and fell in love with south Texas. So I think it was partly from her ravings that Bekah wanted to come too.

I've been scouring my resources for interesting places to take her. Number one on her list is the River Walk/El Mercado. She is a cook - has been accepted to the Culinary Institute of America in New York - so I want to take her to Pearl Market and one of their cooking demonstrations. The Hill Country is beckoning, luring us with bluebonnets and masses of wildflowers. Bekah arrives tomorrow, so my week will be full and busy.

Just two weeks after Bekah's visit, we leave for the annual Grace Evangelical Society conference in Ft. Worth. Graham has been asked to speak again, and we will have a table to display our ministry. Our Board selected a committee to help steer me into the 21st century with our website and updates to our promotional materials. I've been glued to my computer and printer and various other machinery for a couple weeks. I'm due a good rest! But it will be back to the grind and working toward deadlines. That just gets my creative juices flowing! I love deadlines!

So, to my regular readers, I'm sorry to have stayed away so long. I'm sure Bekah and I will be posting lots of pictures over the next few days. So come back often (yes, you, Papaw!) and enjoy her spring break with her! Let's see, she'll be here in just sixteen hours! Yippee!

No comments: