Monday, March 15, 2010

All Done and on Its Way

It's done!!!
This is one quilt that has been a lot of fun to make. One reason is that is has a "secret recipient" who has stayed in my mind throughout the whole process, and that has helped to keep my focus.

Another thing I have enjoyed about this quilt is the choice of fabrics. For the quilt that I made for Bill, I pretty much followed the layout and color choices that were in the book I used. I think that method is more traditional, fairly reminiscent of the quilts of our grandmothers. The "chain" part of the quilt is featured more clearly and the back is pretty nondescript. Not so with this latest quilt. I think the pattern and vivid colors give it a much richer look. Bottom line is, I like it!
Here is Bill's quilt, with the very challenging and quite fancy Seminole border.

So the quilt has been laundered, tagged, inspected, wrapped and boxed. And now it is on its way to the Secret Recipient. I hope to hear in a couple days that my surprise has been well received. It's been fun to share each step as it happened, and then see the finished product.

Now I'll just wait for the postman to "do his thing!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill sure is enjoying his quilt.
Thanks, Baby Sister

Kate Kelly said...

The colors are great... I am always amazed by folks who can put these things together like you! It is certainly a gift!

Ruthie said...

Another beautiful quilt!!!! Beautiful colors, beautiful patterns, just every thing works together, even Treasure putting a little love in to it. :):) You did a good job and fast too. Keep up the good work.