Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Step Two

I finished putting "Block B" together this morning. This one, unlike Block A, features the background, or main, fabric for the quilt. When I did Bill's quilt, I selected a neutral, solid white for the background and let the "chains" bring in the color for the quilt. With this one I am maximizing the beautiful background and pulling in color of the flowers for my chain. Does that make any sense?

So, this is how the double chain will look on the finished quilt... sort of. Once all these blocks are sewn in place I will put two or three "frames" or borders around it. And then I'll back it with a really pretty fabric that complements the colors on the front. I'll show you that next time.


Just because I know you heard we had snow in San Antonio, here is a picture of the accumulation! This is the innards of my Sago Palm in the front yard. It stays full of little birds all day long, right next to a couple of feeders I put out for them. The thick fronds serve as umbrellas for them! One day I'll get lucky and get a picture of the birds in the bush!

No comments: