Friday, May 22, 2009

Today We're in Killarney

This is the beautiful Kylemore Abbey we visited on Wednesday. It was originally a home built for a family with nine children! It was subsequently sold and a girl's boarding school has been in operation ever since. They are now in the process of eliminating the boarding part of the school. The prettiest part of the estate is the Victorian gardens. I'll have to sort out my photos at home and post them separately.

Today we set out for Killarney by way of the Cliffs of Moher. Unfortunately, a thick mist settled in for the hour we were at the cliffs and we saw little other than soupy fog! But the shopping was really good there! We got into Killarney late afternoon, just finished a delightful dinner at the hotel, and are resting up for a full day tomorrow with a drive around the Ring of Kerry.

Bill and I are having great competition with our cameras. Well, less competition and more cooperation as he is able to get shots I can't and I get some he can't, so we just are doubling our opportunities. And there are wonderful photographic opportunities at every mile. Ireland is in full bloom - hundreds of shades of green, miles of rhododendron, gorse, and a white bush that looks like spirea with beautiful fragrant white flowers. The fuchsia is starting to bloom everywhere too.

We have free wireless at this hotel, so I'll try to get back sooner.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

check out the videos on my blog. Adrian was repeating me saying wow when I looked at your picture in full screen. It looks breathtaking as I'm sure it is. I just cooked my first squash from the garden. It was yummy! What kind of food are you eating? lamb? fish and chips?
love you,
mere

Lois said...

LaRue, You three are having lots of fun and soaking in lots of beauty. Awesome!
Trust the note about Thursday reached you. Treasure is precious!
Lois