Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's Settled!

We finally came to a meeting of the minds - Graham and I did, that is.
I have been agonizing for weeks over what "small gift" to take to our Irish luncheon
hosts when we are in Cobh. I wanted something "Texas" to be a special remembrance
for them. I got lots of great ideas on Facebook and then set out to find something.
~~~
Short of going downtown and shopping where the tourists shop, I hit every place I could
think of in my neck of the woods and came up empty-handed. Finally I had the idea of
Texas flavored coffees, easily found at any HEB in town. But when I came home with two
sample packages, they really looked pretty puny - not representative of a big state like Texas!
~~~
Those two packs of coffee stared at me from the dining room table for weeks until last
Saturday, when Meredith and I went out to the Leon Valley Days craft show, which is
held only once a month. Cristi was taking Adrian to the park and we had time on our hands,
so we took off to Leon Valley after the Pearl Market and decided to look around.
~~~
Believe it or not, the first stall I looked into had masses of hand-crafted potholders, tortilla-
holders, potato bakers, tea cozies, place mats - you name it, she made it! And, yessir, youza!
She had Texas-themed everything!!! I was in heaven! After looking at every Texas-themed material in her stall, this is what I decided upon...
And I'm taking that coffee too! I imagine our Program Director and Bus Driver will enjoy
a good cuppa coffee from the great state of Texas! YeeHaw!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Good Choices, but then again ANYTHING from Texas is a good choice! :):) Hmmmm wonder what the coffee smells like, Hmmmmm. :):)