Thursday, May 14, 2009

Makin' My List... Checkin' It Twice

Just like the space shuttle, we are T minus four and counting! Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but for us it's four days to Ireland! Our plane "lifts off" at 8 a.m. on Monday and we will meet Bill in Atlanta around 12:30. Thankfully our overseas flights are the same and we have tried to get our seats together. We'll have a four hour layover in Paris! I guess I can say I've been to Paris, though we won't get out of the airport. Like when we had a plane change in Zurich. Technically we've been there but.... At least we can do some shopping in those four hours!

So where are we on the list today? Graham and I both have had our haircuts, our teeth cleaned, I picked up my night guard, He filed his ministry tax return, I have stopped the mail, canceled the paper, put gas in the car, been breaking in a new pair of SAS shoes, charged the batteries for my camera, and stocked Graham's camera with batteries and memory cards. I still need to pick up clothes at the cleaners. Graham has a doctor appointment tomorrow. And I need to pack Treasure's things for Jo when she comes to pick up her four-legged companion after dropping us at the airport.

The weather in Ireland is expected to be in the 50's during the day and down into the 40's at night. Graham's bag has been packed for a couple weeks. And unpacked... and repacked! Such indecision! Mine has been a bit slower going, but is mostly done. Except, of course, for the toiletries that I need morning and night until we leave. There's a nice space open for them!

We had a call from Grand Circle today - Graham took the call and made notes - and it seems we are being diverted from Waterford. His note mentions "Waterford Crystal (illegible word)", then in the next line "Train-ride", the word "change" and then "guided tour 15th Cent. Cahir Castle Kilkenny City." I'm guessing here, but it appears we'll skip Waterford altogether, go to Cahir Castle for a tour, then on to Kilkenny. You don't know how researched and prepared I was before getting this message! And now I've come home to a little surprise in the making. I still don't know what the train ride is about!

So Bill, how are you coming along?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a phone message from GCT about the Waterford change, and
I got the impression that we would
still stay in Waterford but would
not have the waterford Crystal in-
cluded tour. I had heard someware
that the crystal factory was closing.

I've started thinking about stuff
I'll take and begin packing tomorrow or Sunday after golf.

Bill