Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last Minute Thoughts

This morning I woke up in a panic - I must have dreamed that I forgot to take my heavy coat because I got off the plane in Ireland with no coat and I was freezing!

I have a few hours left to go through my suitcase and make sure everything I need is in there! Then I'll place my warm red coat right on top of the suitcase where I'll be sure to see it. Do you know how hard it is to remember a coat when the temperature is 85 degrees?

This morning our choir sang a song that had presented us a challenge for several weeks. It's a fun song, but it goes really fast and has lots of words and harmonies. You know the kind. It sounds great when sung by a really good ensemble, but it's very hard for a choir to articulate. I can't say we did a very good job with it. But I can say I'm really glad it's over!

Anyway, for about three weeks I've had a really painful time with TMJ, and one side of my face has given me fits. I even got fitted for a night guard to help with the clenching. It had gotten a lot better until last night. I popped in that night guard and then tossed and turned all night. Just before church service it suddenly dawned on me that my TMJ pain and choir practice for today's song had coincided and I finally concluded the two were related! And sure enough, now that I'm done with that song, my jaw is relaxing! Who knew?

Those are my thoughts for now. I'm going to take a nap, but not a long one. Because I want to be really tired tomorrow when I get on the plane to Ireland. Maybe, just maybe I'll be able to get in more than a twenty minute nap. Otherwise I might sleep through our four hour layover in Paris! My next post should be from Galway, God willing and a good Internet connection provided!

No comments: