Thursday, February 12, 2009

Treasure's Research

Today Dr. Earl's office called to have me bring Treasure in for a blood-draw for the research project at Perdue School of Veterinary Medicine. You may recall that I introduced him to a research study on Westies with TCC - transitional cell carcinoma - in the bladder. He followed up on the email and we are now an official part of the study. From the papers I filled out, it appears they will try to keep me informed of her contribution to the study.

Aside from that exciting news, she continues to act like a healthy little dog. The only thing I notice now is that it takes her a lot longer to empty her bladder. I don't mean her frequency in "marking" spots along our walks, but first thing in the morning, or last thing before bedtime, it seems to take much longer to "finish" her business. Other than that she is still very spunky for an eleven year-old and most days has a good appetite and eats well.

She tickled me last week. Our weekly Bible study has not met in full attendance since November and for two weeks we stayed home while I had the stomach flu. So last week we were able to go to Bible study and everybody was there, including her pal Jefferson. Treasure was one happy dog! It was so obvious that she had missed both Jeffie and all her lady friends. I will have to be more conscious of her routine and what it does to her when she misses something!

We see Dr. Earl in a couple weeks for her next ultrasound. I hope I have more good news then.

No comments: