Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm Back with the Living... Again

I have had quite a coaster ride the last ten days, having ups and downs with a stomach flu that has made the rounds. It hit me pretty hard a week ago and, with some anti-nausea medication, I managed to weather that storm. So it came as a big surprise last Thursday when I woke up with the same blankety-blank thing! And since I had not fully recovered from the first bout, this second one hit me even harder. When we finally got in to see a doctor, he said the hospital beds in San Antonio were filled with flu patients, gave me a shot and sent me home to live or die. I decided to take a little more time getting well and have stayed in or around my bed for four days. Thankfully, this south Texas sun infuses me with rejuvenating strength. I think I'll live!


After three days of liquids and jello, Meredith brought over a bag full of co-op produce. I have fresh fruit, potatoes, onions, lettuce and tomatoes! Her neighborhood co-op meets twice a month and she has thrown my $5 into the kitty. I'm looking forward to some vegetable soup and a big salad.




I just want to throw in a word about Treasure. I know many who read this blog are following her progress and I haven't written much about her lately. That's because she is doing so well. Honestly, if she had not gone for that geriatric check-up I would not have had a clue she was ill. It has been almost 6 months since her diagnosis and she acts and looks like a very healthy eleven year old. I am thanking God for each day we have together. We start another round of antibiotics today, but those are tolerated with her food. She has been the most loyal dog throughout six days of my laying in bed, not able to take her out walking. I think she suffered as much or more than I did! So today's walk was a very special time indeed!

No comments: