Friday, February 13, 2009

Oatmeal-Walnut-Cranberry Cookies!

What you see here is yummy goodness! I had a taste of a Cranberry Oatmeal cookie last Sunday and I've had a craving for more all week. So I pulled out my container of oats, found an easy cookie recipe on the side, and modified it to satisfy my need for a cranberry cookie!


Here is the simple recipe:
1 box of Cake Mix (I used Butter flavor, but pick anything you like)
1/2 cup Butter (1 stick) melted
2 large Eggs
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup Walnut pieces
1/2 cup Craisins

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine cake mix, butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, on low speed, mix for 1 minute. Then mix 1 more minute at medium speed. Dough will be thick. Add oats, nuts and cranberries and mix well with wooden spoon.

I used a small cookie (ice cream) scoop and placed one full scoop every two inches on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Cookie should be golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a baking rack to cool.

I'm telling you, this is one delicious cookie and is so easy to bake.
I got 44 medium size cookies from this recipe.
You can substitute raisins or pecans or chocolate chips if you like.

No comments: