Friday, February 20, 2009

It Finally Came!

Look what finally came in the mail today! I ordered this Jim Shore Covered Bridge figurine way back in January, after we had visited Lancaster Country, PA and fallen in love with that area. We saw several out-of-use covered bridges on our tour. And I know my niece Barbaranne is familiar with many others, as I have seen some of her pictures! So, this is very much a visual reminder of our enjoyable vacation.

What I really love about this piece are the little quilt blocks on the sides of the bridge. They just reinforce my perception in the cross-stitch pattern that I am working on. No, I never actually saw a quilt on the side of a barn or a covered bridge, but quilts are the very essence and charm of the Amish people and are an accurate representation of what I enjoyed there.

So, have a good look at my little covered bridge! It's going right next to my Jim Shore Westie, who also shares an artistic essence of the Amish people!


1 comment:

Just g said...

This is one of my favorite pieces from Jim Shore's village. His work is so beautiful and unique.
I'm addicted.
Wonderful picture.