Sunday, February 8, 2009

Here's What I'm Working On

This is my stress reliever. I find cross-stitching to be both relaxing and absorbing.
I have to pay pretty close attention to what I'm doing
or I spend time ripping and re-stitching.
So when life according to Fox News gets to be too much, out comes the stitching!
When we went to Pennsylvania last December,
one of the sights I found most charming were the Amish farmhouses.
I love the fact that successive generations just build their own homes
onto the existing family farmhouse.
Some of those houses were just sprawled out all over the place!
When I came home I began looking through my Jeremiah Junction
cross stitch magazines for a pattern that would closely resemble
that Amish country influence. And this is what really caught my eye.
When it's finished I have the option of stitching a verse across the bottom
or, perhaps, stitching the words "Lancaster County, PA".
Then it will be framed in a little "half-moon" type frame
and hung over a door in my house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful picture and a good 'history' lesson.
It will be so pretty framed and hung in a place of honor.
Keep up the good work

Barbaranne said...

You have found a perfect pattern to compliment your visit up here! Perhaps a verse about simplicity or home... I used to cross stitch back when I only had two children. Perhaps I'll pick up where I left off when I'm back down to two at home!