Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random Thoughts

I'm just about at the end of my editing of Sunday school lessons.
The most tedious part for me is to take out the answers to the questions in
the Teacher's manual so that the Students will have blanks to fill in.
This series on Revelation has 40 lessons and each lesson has 25 - 40 questions.
I don't want to do the math!
What I want to do right now is rest my brain for a few minutes.
So I'm going to post some very random thoughts during my "brain-cation".
Yesterday was the presidential inauguration. Forgive me if I don't capitalize "presidential".
I just think the world is making too much of Obama. If all the expectations that have been verbalized were counted... let's just say there's no way he will ever live up to them.
Perhaps we are doing the man a disservice. His politics are certainly not mine,
but I do hope he's able to move the country forward.
It will have to be with a lot of help from everyone, though.
We shouldn't always get what we want.
Illustration: Treasure really wants to open the door and come into the kitchen.
It's her house and she can't understand why she's being put out.

Adrian really wants to open that door and let the dog-dog inside the kitchen.
She has a nice black nose and he doesn't know why he can't squeeze it.
Conclusion: We don't always know why God withholds our wishes,
but I'm willing to bet it's for a very good reason!
My idea of an ideal winter climate is a really cold night - maybe freezing or just above - and then sunny and warm in the afternoon. That's why I live in south Texas. I continue to experience severe chest pain when I'm out walking in very cold and very windy places. So I have concluded that we should limit our vacation destinations to warmer places. Duh!
Okay. That's it for my brain-cation. It's time to get back to work.

1 comment:

Barbaranne said...

Amen Aunt LaRue. Not only does Scripture make it abundantly clear that our desires are often for things that will ultimately cause us harm, but our Founding Fathers recognized the human tendency to confuse wants and needs. Therefore our government was designed to check those tendencies... But for the sake of freedom, the possibility for voting ourselves benefits never intended by those wise men remained. What we are now witnessing is the unraveling of the work done and handed down to us by Jefferson, Franklin, Adams and the rest.

God help us all.