Monday, January 5, 2009

Good News for Treasure

Treasure had her appointment with Dr. Earl today.
He did another ultrasound on her bladder to measure to growth progress of her tumor.
With a big smile he came and reported to me that there had been no growth in the last six weeks! This is such good news and really makes my heart happy.

I had been alerted by Treasure's foster mom in Austin about a DNA study at Purdue University regarding this very cancer that has become prevalent in Westies.
So today I showed the email to Dr. Earl and he is very interested in submitting Treasure's history and blood samples for the study. We may not be able to cure Treasure,
but maybe we can help find a cure for Westies in the future.

We have also been given permission to stop the peroxicam, the drug that makes her so sick.
I'm glad I don't have to put her through that anymore.
She does well on the monthly dose of antibiotics, so we'll keep up with those.
All in all, it was a very good report.

I gave Dr. Earl one of Treasure's Christmas pictures,
which was passed around to all the girls working up front.
And they all exclaimed, "Isn't that Jefferson's girlfriend?"

My goodness, Lois, our kids have a reputation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY Jumping for JOY JOY JOY!!!
I am so happy for you and Treasure! I know Jefferson is jumping for JOY!!!

What a precious picture of the "Couple" they look very happy and very content.

I know 2009 looks brighter for you and Treasure and of course for Jefferson, also.

Ruthie