Saturday, September 6, 2008

Treasure's Meds

This first week has been a little rough on Treasure's tummy. We have had her on an antibiotic for a week as a prevention of a bladder infection. It seems to have done its job for she is still perky most of the time and greatly enjoys our walks.
Before we left for the coast we started her on the Piroxicam. The first week she gets it every other day with a half tablet of acid reducer. The morning we were to leave she ate a good breakfast, including her meds, and then threw up everything. Sigh. I'd like to think that was just nervousness, knowing we were leaving town.
But her pet-sitter said she was not eating much and had to skip a couple of pills. As I noted in the last post, she was in a kind of malaise until I walked her into the house. So I postponed starting her meds again until last night. And so far she is tolerating them again. Right now she is settled upon the sewing table opposite my computer and has fallen asleep. I guess the key is to have her Mom by her side - one of Treasure's "Treasured moments."

No comments: