Friday, September 19, 2008

Complacency

It has been three weeks since we got the news of Treasure's cancer. For the first few days I was convinced that she would die if I let her out of my sight. Knowing that we were going to be out of town for three days was agony. After we returned home and found that she was quite all right, I allowed myself to relax and pay more attention to each moment, not dwelling on what was to come.

Now, I feel sometimes that I'm getting complacent concerning her illness. Yes, every two or three days she gets an upset tummy from her meds. So we go a day without eating, then she's fine for a few more days. Every time she goes out to pee we celebrate, as that's the only sign I know that will tell me the end is near.

Here are a couple recent pictures, taken last week on my birthday.

Trying to get used to me "watching" her do her business!

Not a care in the world.

No comments: