Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's Done!



Yes, brothers and sisters, it's all done. It's all wrapped. It's all boxed. And it's on its way to Wichita Falls! Hallelujah!

I think the reason I was so frustrated with this quilt has to do with my sewing machines. My little 1968 Touch & Sew model had served me so well and got me through quilting class and a multitude of quilts this summer. So when the flannel clogged its little innerds, I thought it may be time for a new machine.

For whatever reason, the new Singer just didn't take to the quilting foot I put on it, and I could never properly adjust the tension for quilting. As soon as I realized there was a problem, I should have taken my old machine in immediately for a checkup. Alas, oh well, you know the rest of that story.

I'm happy to say that the reworked seams look very good. I didn't rip out every single one, most were acceptable. And hopefully Bill will always fold it with the front facing out!

Merry Christmas, dear Brother, with much love from your Baby Sister!

No comments: