Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quilt Tester in Training

From the very first quilting class, my Westie Treasure was my sewing partner and loyal quilt-tester. One of her favorite napping places was up on my sewing table, preferably on a stack of fabric. If I had to scoot her off the table so I could sew, she would find a nest right by my feet.


Once I had a quilt top laid out in preparation for finishing, or maybe just laying a finished one out to be photographed, Treasure would find a comfy spot and do a "trial nap" to be sure the quilt was satisfactory! Once it passed the Treasure test, it always went directly to the washing machine!


When Savannah came on the scene she was not familiar with the ways of sewing. She doesn't mind napping in the sewing room while I'm busy piecing a quilt. But she never has shown much interest in either the process or the finished product. Until last night!


When I laid out the Fabric Frenzy top for its photograph, little Miss Savannah decided it was time she did a sniff test on this strange object. "Finally," I thought to myself, "she's showing some interest in my hobby. I have another sewing partner!" However, after giving a good sniff to the quilt top, she proceeded to try to dig a little nest in the center of it! I scooped her up as fast as I could and decided she might need a few lessons in "quilt ettiquette!"

Hope springs eternal!

No comments: