Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Almost Time to Leave

We are beyond countdown now. In fact, as I write this, we are at T minus 36 hours. I had only one visit to Walgreen's today and bought only one item. I guess that means that everything is packed. Or I should say everything I can think of is packed! I'm not locking my bag until Thursday morning, though!

Speaking of bags, Savannah will have her very own overnight bag to take with her to the petsitter. We tell her that she's going to "Camp Nash" for a few days, where she'll have several dogs to play with and a great backyard to enjoy. Her bag is filled with food for two weeks, lots of treats and toys and her heartworm medicine. Last night she discovered a little bundle of tennis balls in her bag. You can see one in her mouth that she just lifted from her bag!


Our bags have been packed and unpacked so many times. It's just too hot here to think clearly about winter wear, so coats and sweaters come and go and come back again. In fact, our Program Director just called from Russia to wish us safe travel and mentioned that in Moscow today the high temperature was 60. But then she reminded me that St. Petersburg is "in the north" and is much colder! Yikes! I think I need another neck scarf!


Savannah gives these bags a "once over" - I'm not sure what doggie thoughts are rolling around in her head!

Meanwhile, I've been busily sewing Curious George pillow cases for my soon-to-be two year old grandson. His birthday is just seven days after we return from our trip, so I'm very happy to have these finished now. One is for his big boy bed, and the other is for his little pillow he will take to Kid's Day Out come January.



Last week I got a call from Anita Howell, the lovely lady who was quilting my quilts up in Kingsland. She was finished with both my quilts and they were ready to be picked up. Before I could even look for an open day to go to Kingsland, my friend Susie called and said her quilts were also ready and would I like for her to pick mine up for me! What an answer to prayer! She brought them home on Saturday and I have entertained myself over and over with the results of Anita's quilting. I am so through with trying to quilt my own quilts. I'm just piecing tops from now on!




Hmmm. I hope I don't long for one of these to get warm next week! Until I get internet connection (which may or may not be on our trip). I bid you "Da asvid'ania!"


1 comment:

Meredith said...

love the pillow cases and still love those quilts! I'll make up my mind after you get back:)