Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Diminished Fabric Frenzy

Last night and today I slipped in some time to work on the fabric squares for my Fabric Frenzy quilt. Fortunately I had some leftover strips from the jelly roll I used on the last quilt, because I needed more 2 1/2 inch pieces without using up all my charms. When all was said and done, I could either get nine finished squares or eleven. And I was so hoping for twenty!
So nine it is, and here is the frenzied nine-patch middle...



I have some leftover off-white fabric that will make up one border. Then I must decide how much more border I want and where to get the fabric for it. I think I will have some leftover backing that matches one of the charms in this quilt. So I guess this one will be an ongoing project. At least I'm having lots of fun with it.

Speaking of fun, here's another picture of my pretty Westie.


I just brought her inside for the night. It's a good thing we took those bows out yesterday or she would surely have lost them in the bushes where she chased a squirrel! We are now counting down the days to our Russia trip - after today it is 13 days away! All the clothes I'm taking are laid out on the dining room table. Graham's bag is packed. And Savannah is starting to divorce herself from me. She knows something is up. For the last two nights she has slept in the TV room and only comes up on my bed when she's ready for me to wake up! I'm starting to tell her that she's going to "Camp Nash" in a few days. There she'll have the company of some other dogs and the Nash children to play with.

Meanwhile, we pray for rain here in Texas and drier skies in the Northeast. God help us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe your dog is so cute!

www.suite4e.com

(check out my blog for a giveaway i'm havinn for a free digi scrapbook program/ $40 value!)