Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Top is Done!

I'm done with my part of this quilt. I have had to get creative with the borders, though. I couldn't find any more of the red background fabric, so I made a "folded border" with the little bit I had left over. It gives the impression of a triple-matted picture in a frame.

Then, because I added an extra row of blocks to the length of the quilt, I didn't have quite enough blue fabric to have a six-inch border all around. So, the top and bottom blue borders are only four inches in width. I think it actually gives it a more vertical look anyway!

Now I just need to contact a quilter who will sandwich and quilt my top with the batting and backing. A friend from church gave me the name of an individual who has helped her in the past. This may do it for big quilts for the time being. I can manage baby quilts, and may even try my hand at a wall hanging. My Janome sewing machine isn't ready to retire just yet!

No comments: