Sunday, December 20, 2009

Treasure's Christmas Gift

I brought a shopping bag of Christmas gifts from a dear friend home after church. She had some little bags in it with small gifts for my grandchildren and one for Treasure. So after we had settled in from lunch I proceeded to put each of the gifts under the tree - these were the first ones I had put out, thinking I was keeping temptation out of Adrian's way.
Well, no sooner had I gotten them all out than Treasure came looking and sniffing at the bounty laid before her. Unbelievably, she went straight to the sack with her name on it, pulled it away from the rest and began the task of uncovering her present! I ran quickly to get my camera and record her adventure - something, I might add, she has never done before! Here is the sequence of events as they unfolded.

First, she pulls it away from the tree and other presents.

Now she is earnestly into the task at hand.

Out comes the tissue paper...

Got to rip that sack open a little more...

She doesn't see that her little package is lying outside the sack!
But with a little help from her best friend Murphy, success is seconds away.

She ran up the stairs so fast I had to run to catch up with her and caught her rounding the corner.

Next stop was in the closet, hidden away from any attempts to remove her booty!
So, thank you, Auntie Jo, for the thrill of victory over the tissue paper and a yummy chew bone that should last a season!



1 comment:

Joyful said...

What an adorable member of your family. Understand very well the attachment one can have for a pet. When we lost "Underfoot", we prayed that if there are doggies in Heaven, that this would be the one.

Since you enjoy cross stitching, I would like to invite you to visit my website where most of the designs feature Bible verses. There is a free design called "His Name is Jesus" that has blessed many.

www.joyfulexpressions.us

Keep being a "Light".

Sandra