Thursday, December 17, 2009

Photo Scavenger Hunt

My niece, Barbaranne, who lives in Pennsylvania, recently joined a Photography Club. She is not only an avid photographer, but a very good one and serious about her hobby. The other day she presented a challenge on Facebook for all of her camera-loving friends, to go on a "scavenger hunt" through our stored photos and come up with something for each of several categories. I found that to be so much fun I thought I'd modify it and do something similar on my blog. So.... if you are game, let's go on a scavenger hunt!

For each post I will present five different categories and post my own pictures. You take the categories and hunt through your files and post your own pictures. If you like, I will link your post here so we can enjoy all the photos. Here is the first set:


1. Something "artsy"
We saw this mosaic at one of the shops at LaVillita when Kate was visiting.

2. Flower
This little bee was hot-to-trot for these pretty blue flowers, somewhere in Ireland.

3. Window
We couldn't resist an experiment with this mirror in a store window in Dublin.


4. Landmark
The Liberty Bell! I had to wait 64 years to go see this emblem of freedom.


5. Blue
I was fascinated by this category and remembered the amazing light display at Longwood Gardens last Christmas.
Okay, your turn. Even if you don't participate here, I hope you enjoy my photos and are inspired to "look outside the box" when photographing your next vacation. There is much creativity to be found, if you only dare to look for it.

No comments: