Thursday, July 23, 2009

Folded Borders

Let me just say this up front - "I love Eleanor Burns!"
Beside the fact that she has dozens and dozens of quilting patterns and designs and ideas, so far she has had the best and easiest to follow instructions I've ever seen. Each of the quilts I have made from her books have been pretty basic, although I try to challenge myself with each successive one just to boost my own skills and keep me from getting bored.

Photo #1
So I was thinking that these pinwheels were a pretty big challenge and, based on my previous post, I did hit a snag or two, but I'm an overcomer! I finished four perfect pinwheels! The next set of instructions weren't too bad. I have one large square and four medium and four small triangles. My sixty-three year old brain had to digest the instructions for placement and procedure overnight, but that, too, turned out pretty okay.
Photo #1 is the finished middle portion of said quilt.

Photo #2
The next step calls for "folded borders." I have to admit, not only have I never heard of folded borders, my little brain just couldn't grasp the whole concept of folded borders. I read and re-read the instructions. I meditated on them. I mulled them over. And I considered skipping them. But I finally decided these little bears needed folded borders to separate them from the next border. So.... now I have put folded borders around the middle of the quilt.
You can see them in Photo #2.
You'll have to wait for another post to find out exactly what folded borders do, or look like.
I need another night before I move to the next step!

No comments: