Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This is How I Deal with Stress

Ruthie, this is for you!
Somebody must have told me when I was little that "idol hands are the devil's workshop," because I just can't sit somewhere with absolutely nothing to do! Give me a book, a Bible study lesson, or preferably some cross stitch and I"ll be content.

I remember waiting for word that Meredith's husband had obtained his visa so they could travel from Romania to the United States for an American wedding. This was all happening during the time that a sniper was randomly shooting people in the Washington D.C. area and apparently every FBI agent in the country was focused on getting that bad guy. Cristian's background check was on hold. So I stitched! It kept my mind off what was out of my control and when I finished my piece I was astonished to see that the verse I had stitched was Psalm 27:14 ~ "Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart." Ironically, the bad guy was caught and the visa was granted at the same time!

So here I am, listening to all the bad news on the Fox News channel, and I found a pattern to stitch from one of my many leaflets. It reminds me of our vacation in Pennsylvania and the quiet, serene Amish home we visited. And I sit and stitch and somehow I don't dwell on the news so much. So, after receiving a magazine from my stitching friend, Ruthie, I thought I would "show" her what I'm doing via the blog. And as I uploaded the picture, I looked at the Scripture I will finish this project with. It's from Hebrews 4:9 ~ "There remains therefore a rest for the people of God." Gosh, I needed that!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Oh LaRue, that is so beautiful and the scripture is so timely, isn't it amazing how God uses Cross Stitch and Scripture to speak to us and calm us. That is a perfect scripture for what is going on in the D.C.

Thanks for sharing.

Let's get together sometime and stitch. :):)