Monday, December 15, 2008

A Visit with the Kelly's

We have just returned from a week in Pennsylvania - our Christmas trip! We, along with Doug and Lois White, toured Lancaster County and the Amish country for three days before culminating our trip in historic Philadelphia. Before we began our tour, Graham and I made arrangements to spend the first evening with my niece, Barbaranne Kelly, and her family.

She picked us up at our hotel and wisked us off to her home about twenty minutes away. It was dark and I sadly was not able to enjoy the scenery surrounding their house. I have seen many pictures of their property and the area around there - it is so beautiful. But we did have a wonderful time with her family. The younger three of their five children are at home and are just a joy to be around. Husband Jim changed his plans for the evening to be with us - thank you!
Barbaranne and Bekah cooked up a wonderful "favorite meal" of Chicken Scarparielo (Barbaranne, correct my spelling on this dish!) and salad, followed by hot, decadent chocolate "lava" cakes. Everything was delicious. Just before dinner we contacted everyone's favorite Papaw, my brother Bill, via the internet. "Skyping" is new to me and something Barbaranne has recently introduced to her Dad. It was a surreal experience talking to my brother's face on the monitor! I guess we're never too old for new things.

Barbaranne and Jim, Aunt LaRue and Uncle Graham

Bekah, Isaac, and Erin with great-aunt and uncle.
Having caught up on everyone's activities and enjoyed an evening of fellowship, we reluctantly piled into the van for a drive back to our hotel. Thank you, Kelly's, for a wonderful start to our Christmas vacation! Stay tuned to photo-narratives to come as I work my way through our pictures. Next stop, Lancaster County!

1 comment:

Barbaranne said...

We sure enjoyed having you here as well! And your spelling is not far off- Scarpariello- I'm impressed you remembered the pronunciation! The light dusting of snow was gone by the next morning, as you know, but I am now looking at a near blizzard outside!

Love you!

BA