Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Graham

Yesterday was Graham's 70th birthday. We had a celebration at Meredith's pretty house in the afternoon with several close friends and relations. Let me just say right now, "I forgot to take my camera." I don't know where I left my brain, but I did forget to bring it. Rats!
So I grabbed Meredith's camera in an attempt to chronicle this blessed event. I get sidetracked so easily and forget to take pictures. Doug White had his camera and snapped a few. If I can get some copies from him I'll post them.

We had lots of goodies to munch on - cookies and dips and veggies, yum! Meredith's tables both looked so festive. There was punch and iced tea and a beautiful birthday cake (which I forgot to take a picture of) and petit fours.
Some of our Sunday school class and board members came by to wish Graham Happy Birthday.

My most-talented, unbelievably creative friends, Lois & Doug White, presented Graham with "The Seven Decades of H Graham Wilson," a delightful look back over Graham's life (as we know it - many secrets still lurk uncovered.) Her presentation was defined by various and sundry Christmas tree ornaments depicting the main ideas of each decade.
Oops! Her train of thought was broken by the arrival of Graham's brother, Richard, and his wife Sue. Judy and Pat were both out of pocket and unable to celebrate with us.

The presentation ended with a picture frame proclaiming "70... the Legend continues.."
May it ever be. Happy Birthday, Graham!

No comments: