Thursday, November 27, 2008

What Are You Thankful For?

Today is Thanksgiving, our official day for giving thanks. If what we read in the Bible is true, then we should be giving thanks every day for all things. I hope that's what you do.
But, in keeping with tradition, what are you thankful for this day? I can think of a few:
My relationship with God, resulting in eternal life.
My family, especially my grandson Adrian - the apple of God's eye.
The secure jobs of my son and son-in-law - so reassuring in this economy.
My home, which is warm, dry, comfortable, familiar - a respite from the frenzy of the world.
My health, such as it is - just aches and creaks, nothing major.
My husband, spiritual leader and mainstay - keeps things interesting.
My church - friends, worship, the Word, sermons, fellowship.
My ladies' Bible study - five wonderful friends who love the Lord and His Word.
My Westie - my Treasure, though terminal with cancer, yet alive in enthusiasm.
And yes, I'm even thankful for financial uncertainty,
for that gives me more opportunity to lean on my heavenly Provider.
So today, and every day, what are you thankful for?

No comments: