Friday, May 4, 2012

This and That


I'm titling this picture "Pensive Puppy." I was heading up the stairs and saw this sweet little face watching me. Fortunately I had my camera in hand and snapped this memory. She must have been waiting to see if I was coming back up before deciding to come down herself. I love these moments.



This is our first attempt at growing carrots in the garden. These look like they're going to be delicious, probably in another month. Maybe we'll get to eat one before we leave for France. Because we started a lot of our veggies in pots, some how we managed to get a little confused in identifying what was what! So we have a little wager going as to what is growing behind the carrots. We were guessing cucumbers, but our yardman thinks it's cantaloupe. Only time will tell!


Pickles... er, rather, Cucumbers! We have a whole mess of cucumbers growing in this part of the garden. Last year I made several jars of bread and butter pickles, and I can't wait to harvest enough cukes this year to do the same.




The Juliet tomatoes are producing like rabbits! This one plant has taken over a big part of the tomato section and has dozens of tomatoes on it. We have already picked a few hands full and enjoyed them on our salad. We've also cooked a pot of green beans from the little bush bean plants - very tasty and tender beans. Looking forward to some yellow squash and zucchini soon.


Graham and I went up to Kingsland again last Wednesday to take a quilt top to the quilter. Her shop is just across the way from the Colorado River where it flows into Lake LBJ. There is a photo stop at the top of the hill where you can park your car and get out to enjoy the view. And what a view it is! We love the short drive there and, especially, having lunch at different restaurants before heading back home. There's some really good catfish in Marble Falls.


Okay, one last picture of Savannah. She so loves to be outside and she especially loves it when Graham and I are outside with her. then she can really show off her stalking and chasing skills. We keep the squirrel feeder stocked with corn and the squirrels have figured out that Savannah is more bark than bite. They still run across the fence and into the neighbor's yard when she chases, but that does not deter their frequent return.

Looks like it's going to be a good summer!



1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yes, I am definitely jealous of your cukes!!! maybe the seeds I planted today will work:) btw, can you get rid of the word verification for your comments?