Saturday, May 26, 2012

Baby Presents

Several of my family and friends are having babies this summer. And they are all having boys. The last little baby girl is now a year old and my pink stash has remained hidden away in the quilt closet.

I had plenty of time to make a quilt for my great niece in Pennsylvania. She isn't due until September. I picked a pattern that was new to me and really enjoyed learning a new skill. Putting the requested blues and greens together reminded me so much of the first quilt I made for Adrian. Meredith also selected blues and greens and his quilt turned out beautifully.


While waiting to take the top to Kingsland for finishing, I decided to make a pillow cover to match the quilt. I had one set of "geese" left and turned it into a pocket for the pillow. It will be a nice place to put an extra diaper or two.


I had a real surprise in my email last week with the announcement that our friend from Romania and his wife are expecting a baby boy in June. Yikes! That's not nearly enough time to make a quilt, so I peeked on her registry and saw some monkey themes and found some cute fabric for a pillow cover with a pocket to hold a burp cloth. We're so happy for Razvan and Anissa, and especially for Razvan's mother in Romania who has wished for this day for many years.


1 comment:

Meredith said...

Very cute!!! We need some blue and brown pocket pillows over here;)