Monday, April 2, 2012

The Many Faces of Savannah

My sweet Savannah. She is curiosity wrapped up in white fur! Some time last month she discovered something living in my herb garden, somewhere in the mint or parsley - I never knew exactly what or where. But she knew there was something under there and went about uprooting my plants! When I discovered what she was up to, I rescued the pot of parsley, minus a large handful that made a nice table arrangement in a vase! We tried fencing off the area, but, have you ever tried to fence off a Westie from something she really wants? Ain't gonna happen! We finally had to dismantle the herb garden and rebuild it with less interest to distract our pup. Besides, she has squirrels and possums and soon will have lizards to keep her busy! 



Meanwhile, her curiosity has followed her indoors where she has taken an interest in my quilts. I use my queen size bed to lay out quilt blocks for positioning, and then for measuring the quilt for borders. Finally, the finished quilt is laid out on the bed for pictures. Savannah is getting more involved in the process and finally made her way up to "quilt tester"! Once a quilt passes the Westie test, it goes right into the washing machine to remove all evidence of doggie testing before being sent to a recipient. This is the "mystery" quilt that arrived at the home of my nephew Charles today.



When I am at the computer working on Sunday school curriculum, Savannah often finds a nice spot to take a nap. When I looked over to check on her the other day I had to chuckle at her attempt to occupy not only her chair, but my sewing stool as well! I'm not sure what she was trying to tell me, but I interpret this as a contented Westie, claiming as much of her territory as she can.



I'm looking forward to lots of memorable moments with this funny, sweet dog.

No comments: