Friday, November 25, 2011

Sweet Savannah

Savannah is finally settling down enough that she will sit quietly and watch me sew or snooze beside me in her chair now. This is a huge step in her development, and I think I owe it in part to my little grandsons! Every time they come over Savannah is right there to greet them and ready to play ball. They can have her running for half an hour and, when they leave, she is more than ready to sit in her chair and rest while I work on my quilt! It's the best of both worlds!

I have to admit that she is not totally domesticated though. Tonight I let her out after dark for a brief moment and it took her that long to chase a possum across the fence and up a tree! She still has her preferences and "outside" is at the top of the list. "Sitting in a chair" comes in way down at the bottom! But we're making progress. And when she's in the mood she can be the most affectionate little dog ever. Independent, yes! But still very loving. My Sweet Savannah.

No comments: