Monday, May 17, 2010

Countdown to France

This week is "countdown" to France week. Today, I guess, is Day 7. I'm trying to spread all my last minute chores over the entire week so I won't be rushing like crazy at the end. I tend to forget important details when I'm rushing like crazy.



I have been methodically packing over the last several days. Once I decide what I'm taking, that goes into the wash first, then into my bag, which stays open on the dining room table. I'm visual. I have to see what's in there or I'll miss something. We've been following weather.com and think we'll have mild weather, from a low in the 40's to a high in the 60's. Graham and I, on a whim, decided to look at lightweight jackets last week and we each came away with what we hope are perfect jackets for toodling down the river. So here's my progress.





I ordered those mesh square packs from Rick Steves. They keep my clothes in a nice, neat and compact section in my suitcase. I like them today. I hope I will still like them when I pack to return home.
Graham, on the other hand, has been packed for a month! Of course, he's also unpacked and repacked numerous times! Usually, it's after we have watched one of Rick Steves' programs! I think we've both pretty much settled on what we're taking. But, isn't he much more organized than me?

Suitcase.. check. Camera bag.. check. Backpack..check. Jacket.. check.
I think tomorrow is a full day. Cleaners, vet appointment, housecleaning ladies. Now, if we can just get all that volcanic ash out of the way!

No comments: