Sunday, January 3, 2010

Progress Report

I have been plodding along on Andrew's birth announcement. Really, I have. It's just that with the holidays happening, and all that goes with that, I just haven't progressed as quickly as I would like. Here is where I've come. This first photo is from November 11th, before the holidays began. I felt pretty triumphant when I completed the frame down one side of the piece! And when the firetruck emerged as a recognizable figure, it was Hallelujah time! Then came Thanksgiving!


I was happy to grab fifteen minutes to myself and stitched as much as I could. Each little box contains a small item that can be completed in short order. So it's just a matter of finding the time to do what needs to be done. And it doesn't help that my stitching room is the back closed-in porch that has no heat. Even in south Texas, temperatures in the low 40's are pretty cold for stitching! But I am determined to finish this before Andrew's first birthday! The next photo was taken today. At least there has been significant progress made.

I also have a sewing project that has been interrupted by a naughty sewing machine, so I should be able to get a little more stitching done while waiting to buy a new machine. Look for another progress report soon.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

very impressive!!!!