Friday, June 5, 2009

Interruption...

I have to interrupt posting Ireland pictures to give a Treasure update.
Jo brought her in the car when she picked us up at the airport and I immediately got covered in doggie kisses. She was fairly content to sit close to me on the way home.
But that first night Treasure kept her distance. She slept in the same room, but totally across from my bed. And next morning, when Graham and I went out to breakfast, I told her we'd "be right back" and left her to nap. This is where I found her an hour later:


She's obviously not taking any chances that we might go away again - at least not with luggage!
All day Wednesday she was a little aloof, as if to protect herself from being left again emotionally. Again, she slept across the room from our bed.
And then, on Thursday, knowing full well that we were going to Bible Study together, she snapped out of her mood and gained back her Westie smile and energy! She played with Jefferson, loved on all the ladies, watched Lois's squirrels and napped by our feet.
Life, by Westie standards, is back to normal!
Other than being in dire need of a haircut and bath, she appears to be doing quite well. We have an appointment with Dr. Earl in about three weeks for her "sound check" and I'm hoping that she's maintaining her status quo. I would love to see her stay well all the way to August, which is one year after her diagnosis and 2-month prognosis. We should never underestimate the determination of a Westie!

No comments: