Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back Home from Wichita Falls

We just returned from spending a wonderful day with Bill in Wichita Falls. The drive up and back was very pleasant, considering we were driving our brand new Maxima. Boy does that car take to the road! This is the first time we've been back there together since Mother died. We went out to the cemetery to check on Mother and Dad's headstone - still looking good.

Bill has put in his order already for a quilt, so I memorized the colors in his couch and will start to work on that right away. I guess that will be his Christmas present. If you don't mind, I'll post my progress from time to time.





Charles just astounded us with his interests in WW2 and various wildlife - in particular, frogs and turtles. He is a veritable encyclopedia of knowledge. So it was fun being introduced to his friendly, home-bound critters.

This little guy, I believe, is named Bob. He is a tree frog and lives in Charles' closet with two other tree frogs. And there is also a cute little turtle in the aquarium in the closet. We could say that's the Club View Corner Zoo!

Little Treasure was very happy to have her Mom home. I have to say, though, that Jo and Murphy took really good care of her and kept her entertained while I was gone. She is happily napping at my feet as I write. Tonight, Cristian is coming for supper before his class, which means Meredith and Adrian will be here too! I can't wait to see how much he has grown in two days! It happens, okay?

So I suppose I need to check the refrigerator and see what will be cooking for supper. It won't come close to Bill's pork chops and greens from last night, but I'll try my best to come up with something delicious.

Catch you next time.

1 comment:

Barbaranne said...

The only time I drove a Maxima I was hit from behind and the car was totaled- and I was doing a favor for the friend who owned the car! Up until that point though, it was a very nice ride... My back still acts up now and then.

Any visit with my Dad must be a treat- especially if he cooks!